About Suz’s paradigm-busting teaching
NOTE: At the moment, Suz is currently taking only a limited amount of new private students.
Suz shares an expansive approach to playing with the language of music by integrating diverse learning styles—students explore how to speak and understand music by ear (oral tradition), how to read and write it (written tradition), and how to use practical chord theory to understand how songs are made.
Suz teaches: piano, stage audition secrets, guitar, ukulele and bass — as well as songwriting skills, recording, arranging, CD production, Rock/ Pop/ Indie etc. band coaching, and music technology. She delights in inviting students to find the music uniquely within them, and in helping them put it to practical use.
Bonus: Students also get to try on things from Suz’s costume & hat collection.
NOTE: Suz & Jeanne (AKA The Wallop Sisters) have resumed co-hosting the Corvallis Ukulele Cabaret Singalong . It is free, open to all ages and instruments, and includes instruction — in addition to Ukulele fun!
Bonus: Check out more about Suz’s workshops here.
Download Suz’s free fact sheets for more music fun
Learn how to:
- play a melody by ear, using just 7 simple piano notes
- instantly make up songs using just 3 chords
- understand how songs are made
- play 1950s songs using just 4 chords
- easily create a song’s feel & style with bass lines (made out of chords!)
- improvise (make up melodies) using a simple – but really groovy — blues scale!
- have oodles of fun with music RIGHT AWAY! And lots more! Check out all her fact sheets here.
EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS BY SUZ
Learn piano right away with Suz’s free user-friendly how-to videos at YouTube. Learn how to think in chords and use practical performing musician theory to understand how songs work and dive into playing right away. Click the graphic below to see the entire list of videos.