These are a few of my favorite links
Music & The Arts
- A user friendly, comprehensive online Music Library. They offer more than 270,000 Hollywood sound effects, production music, songs, tracks, loops and ringtones for everything from every people to blockbuster movie production companies. You can find Suz’s music there, along with that of over 1,200 other contributing musicians and production companies. Nifty!
The world’s leading independent A & R company. They help independent bands, artists and songwriters (including Suz!) get publishing deals, and placements in films, TV shows and other music industry places. Plus they’re a heckuva lotta fun.
Keynotes, Keynote Concerts
- Vicki Hannah Lein, singer, songwriter, life coach extraordinaire. Suz has cowritten songs with her and gets to play music with her live and on her CDs as well. Yippee! Life is good!
- Jana Stanfield
- Keynote concerts, by a warm-hearted, amazingly talented singer, songwriter.
- Mark Therrien
- -Best banana-nose newsletter in the business!
Cool Art/ Science
- Carol Gerton Fine Arts Virtual Museum
- -a digital collection of the world’s great art. The link is not working right now, but as soon as I find it again, I will post it here!
- Powers of Ten
- View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from the
Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive orders of
magnitude until you reach a tall oak tree just outside the buildings of the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida. After that, begin to move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic
universe of electrons and protons.
- Corvallis Arts Center.
Their mission is to nurture artistic expression and to serve the creative life
of the community in and around Corvallis, Oregon. They are best known for their
yearly Chocolate Fantasy Fundraiser, their numerous guilds (from literary to
belly dancing), and their diligent work to keep the arts alive and growing.
- Works of art in two dimensions for interiors and exteriors. Pam Van Londen, artist. (She designed my logo and web site!)
- da Vinci Days Labyrinth
- A community project Suz coordinated in 1999
with cobb builder/ sculptor Kiko Denzer. Over 12,000 walked the
three-dimensional “Man in the Maze” labyrinth at the da Vinci Days festival. The festival opened with a choral performanced of “The Labyrinth”, co-written by Suz for the event, and participants added mud sculptures on the labyrinth itself as the weekend progressed. It was the perfect blend of art, science, and ancient
Online marketing, web site development
- Integrated marketing, web site development, and graphic design, formerly Be-Proactive! They designed my logo and web site!
People Doing Good work in the world
- Educare Africa
- -a friend of mine doing excellent work raising funds for school children in Cameroon, Africa.
- Old World Publications
- -my friend Ted Cox wrote a fascinating book about The Toledo Incident of 1925, a little known event in Oregon history in which Japanese resident workers were run out of the small coastal logging town of Toledo, Oregon. Ted’s book chronicles every part of this event, including the successful civil rights lawsuit that ensued.
- Red Hat Society
- -now THIS is how to frolic through the golden years!
- Daily Inspiration Thought
- -inspiring words along the way.
Spiritual Growth and Support
- Twin Oaks Center
- David & Mary Dohrman, Spiritual Directors, counselors, and sufi leaders.
- Spiritual Sites
- -an interfaith site inviting people of diverse paths to remember our inherent worth, dignity and connectedness. http://www.whatthebleep.com/
- What The Bleep Do We Know
- -a wonderful movie about spirituality, quantum physics and creating your own reality.
- Spiritual Cinema Circle
- -a heart centered DVD of the month club that encourages small groups to gather and watch thought-provoking films. A wonderful way to build community by sharing meaningful conversation about inspiring movies and documentaries.
- Unity Church of Corvallis
- Suz served as music director here for several years, and continues to join in the fun leading music for occasional Taize Labyrinth walks and other special events such as meditation services and Holiday singalong Hootenannies.
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis
- Suz served as interim music director here for a year, and continues to provide music on occasion at various gatherings and retreats.
Parenting/ Natural Family
- Mothering Magazine
- -my all time favorite magazine about natural parenting.